Marketing Liaison Fellowship
Marketing Liaison (1 selected per Short Term Study Abroad destination)
The IPO will work with one student participating in each program who will work as the Marketing Liaison for the following year. The Marketing Liaison will be responsible for developing a marketing plan and strategy that will be implemented with other students and the International Programs Office for the next year’s students (i.e., the Marketing Liaison chosen for the Panama trip over Winter Break 2012, will begin conduct training prior to departure, take video/pictures during the trip, and then spend the rest of Spring and Fall Semesters 2013 marketing the program).
Students selected will be compensated $500 toward their immersion.
Students must be accepted into the program to be eligible to serve as the Marketing Liaison (applications will be made prior to acceptance). All students are eligible; however, preference will be given to those who will still be enrolled through the following year’s program deadline (i.e., Autumn 2013).
- Take pictures and videos during (the course) and immersion
- Collect pictures from other participants after the immersion
- Select the top pictures to be used in marketing materials
- Possibly use twitter, Facebook, or a blog while in-country
- Create a video promoting the experience upon return
- Organize student speakers after the trip for information sessions the following year
- Attend trainings about taking videos, adhering to brand standards, making flyers in Adobe In-Design, etc.
- Create and implement a comprehensive marketing plan (work with IPO staff on all aspects). i4 Marketing Liaisons will work together to create a comprehensive plan.
- Plan will be created prior to departure and marketing liaison will be responsible for implementation after their return for the following year’s trip
- Determine target audiences
- Describe how you will inform the target audiences
- Be as specific as possible in your ideas
- May include multi-media like videos/pictures, social media, flyers, presentations, events, etc.
Nov. 9th, 2012 for Spring Semester classes (i.e., Green Business)
Feb. 1, 2013 for Freshman Global Lab
April 15, 2103 for Emerging Markets Field Study
Submit a cover letter to Miranda Gerberding (Gerberding_1@fisher.osu.edu). Include in your cover letter the following:
- Academic information including your class rank (i.e., 1st year MBA, senior), your major and your GPA
- A discussion about why you would be a good fit as the marketing liaison for this course
- A description of your past experiences in study abroad, marketing or other areas that would help you in this role
- A list of ideas of what you will do for your marketing plan (how will you effectively market this program for next year’s potential participants?)
- Two favorite pictures you’ve taken (optional: how you would use these pictures in marketing)