An international business major provides students with a good understanding of international business principles as well as the languages and cultures of other countries. International business majors are advised to focus their coursework and international experience on one region of the world, and to gain in-depth knowledge of that region.
Fisher College of Business will provide certification of language competency for the region in which a student specializes. Language instruction can be obtained in the classroom through Ohio State's program of individual instruction, through study abroad, through "InterLangua" native-language tutoring over the Internet, or through use of Rosetta Stone software licenses available to graduate students through the Ohio State's Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER).
12.0 hours in total
Min. of 7.5 hours in International Business courses offered by MHR
Additional International Business electives
- AMIS 7240 - International Financial Reporting Standards
- FIN 7250 - International Finance
- M&L 7215 - Global Marketing and Sustainability
- MGT 7233 - Global Sourcing I
- MGT 7234 - Global Sourcing II
- MHR 7010 - Advanced Topics in Multinational Business
- MHR 7012 - International Strategy
- MHR 7013 - China and Its Global Business Implications
- MHR 7016 - Social Enterprise
- MHR 7020 - Global Labs 1 (GAP)
- MHR 7021 - Global Labs 2 (GAP)
- MHR 7242 - International Negotiations and Deal Making
- MHR 7244 - Negotiations
- MHR 7525 - Global Innovation and Entrepreneurial Leadership
- MHR 7689 - Washington Campus (counts toward major for non-US students only)
With business becoming more and more global, there are numerous multinational companies in various industries that are interested in recruiting MBAs for global business positions. This demand for global business graduates is expected to increase in the future as more and more companies look globally for markets and sourcing.
Here is a sample list of recruiters who have hired Fisher MBAs:
- Dow Chemicals
MBA students have the opportunity to spend one semester studying abroad through our student exchange program.
Fisher College of Business has partnered with over 30 of the most prestigious, highly ranked business schools around the globe through exchange of students, exchange of research, and exchange of ideas.
Learn more about Student Exchange Opportunities.