Department of Finance
John. D. Blackburn
Associate Professor of Legal Environment of Business
At Ohio State since: 1975
- J. D. --University of Cincinnati College of Law, June 1974
- B. S.--Indiana State University, 1971
- Legal Environment of Business, 5th Ed., with Elliot Klayman and Martin Malin (Richard D. Irwing, Inc. 1994)
- "Invasion of Privacy: Refocusing the Tort in Private Sector Employment," with Elliot Klayman and Richard Nathan, 6 Depaul Business Law Journal 41 (1993)
- "Taming the Tort of Invasion of Privacy: Defining and Balancing the Tort in Private Sector Employment," with Elliot Klayman and Richard Nathan OSU College of Business Working Paper Series 93-17 (March, 1993)
- "Safety Training and Employer Liability," with James E. Sage, 5 Techinical & Skills Training 29-33 (1992)
- Modern Business Law, 2nd Ed., with Thomas Dunfree, Frank Gibson, Bartley Brennan, Douglas Whitman, and William McCarty (Random House, Inc., 1989)
- Distinguished Service Award, Tri-State Regional of the Academy of legal Studies in Business (1993)
- Best Article Award, awarded by the editors of the American Business Law Journal for the best article appearing in Volume 17 of the Journal.
- 1978 Best Paper Award awarded by the Rocky Mountain Business Law Association, May, 1978
- Norbert Heinsheimer Essay Prize in Jurisprudence, University of Cincinnati College of Law (1974)
- Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Legal Studies Education, 1990-992, co-editor, 1989-1990, staff editor, 1986-1989.
- Staff Editor, The American Business Law Journal, 1979-1981, 1985-1989.
- Case Developments Editor, The Ohio Bar Association Labor Law Newsletter, 1974<./dd>
- Business Finance 510 -- Legal Environment of Business
- Course taught
- Course taught
Ohio State University Home Page
Fisher College of Business Home Page
Department of Finance Home Page
This page is maintained by Lee
Last updated April 13, 1995.