Mingyu (Max) Joo
Mingyu (Max) Joo received his Ph.D. in Marketing from Syracuse University in May 2012 and M.S. in Statistics from Stanford University in June 2007. He joined the faculty at the Ohio State University in July 2012.
His research interests include advertising effectiveness, pricing, and online/offline marketing interaction using quantitative modeling methods. He has presented his research at several marketing and pricing conferences, including UTD-FORMS Conference, INFORMS Marketing Science Conference, INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing Conference, and Annual Pricing Conference.
Areas of expertise
- Quantitative Marketing
- Empirical Industrial Organization
- Advertising, Online/Offline Marketing Interaction
- Reverse Auction
Ph.D., Marketing, Syracuse University, May 2012
- Visiting Scholar, Duke University, June 2010 - Jan. 2011
- M.S., Statistics, Stanford University, June 2007
- B.S., Industrial Management, Korea Advance Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Feb. 2001