- 2007 John D. and Dortha J. Withrow Teacher-Scholar Award. This award is given annually to a faculty member in The Eli Broad College of Business, Michigan State University who has rendered distinguished service to Michigan State University and to the student body through excellence in institutional and scholarly activities.
- 2005 Outstanding MBA Second-year Professor, voted on by full time MBA students for the 2005 MBA Broad Community Honors.
- Received Wickham Skinner Best Paper Award for best paper presented at the 2004 Production and Operations Management Society conference.
- Received Stan Hardy Award for best paper published in operations management related journals (Decision Sciences, Journal of Operations Management) in 1996. Award presented for “Approaches to the Factory of the Future: An Empirical Taxonomy,” published in the Journal of Operations Management.
- Finalist (one of 5) for best paper published in Decision Sciences journal in 2007.
- 1997 Chan Hahn Award for best paper in the Operations Management division at the Academy of Management conference. Award presented for “Advanced Manufacturing Technologies and Performance: A Longitudinal Analysis.”