Associate Professor of Management & Human Resources
||732 Fisher Hall
Fisher College of Business
2100 Neil Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
- 1995 Ph.D. in Industrial Relations with an emphasis in Staffing, Training and Development, and Organizational Behavior. University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN.
- 1989 B.A. specializing in Industrial Relations. Rockhurst University. Kansas City, Missouri.
Areas of Expertise
- Mobility of workers and the permeability of organizational boundaries (e.g., how does information and experience transfer?)
- Emotional demands of service work (e.g., do customers, supervisors, or peers create the most stress for call center workers? What effect does it have?)
- Social relationships and networks of contacts at work (e.g., how do our relationships improve our performance?)
- Why and how we help ourselves or help others in organizations