Dr. Tansky has received grants to conduct research in the area of human resources in small/entrepreneurial firms and for academic conferences on managing people in such firms. Her research has appeared in numerous professional journals, including Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Human Resource Management Journal, Human Resource Development Quarterly, Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences, and The Labor Law Journal. She also has had several monographs published by the Sar Levitan Center for Social Policy Studies, and several book chapters.
She teaches courses on human resources in small and entrepreneurial firms, employee development, career development, the contingent workforce, reward systems, benefits, and compensation theory.
Areas of Expertise
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Managing People in Small and Entrepreneurial Firms
- Employee Development from Both the Individual and Organizational Perspective
- Compensation and Reward Systems
- BS Education, The Ohio State University
- MA Accounting, The Ohio State University
- PhD Labor and Human Resources, The Ohio State University