Before joining Ohio State, Dr. Xiaoji Lin taught at London School of Economics and Political Science. His research fields include asset pricing and macroeconomics. Dr. Lin has published at leading academic journals including Journal of Financial Economics and Review of Financial Studies. His doctoral thesis won the Trefftzs award at 2008 Western Finance Association annual meetings.
Areas of Expertise
- Theoretical and Empirical Asset Pricing
- PhD, University of Minnesota
- MA, Nankai University, China
- BA, Nankai University, China
FIN 722 - Investment Management
Students should expect to learn about the fundamental principles of investment management. The goal is to equip students with the tools necessary to make good investment decisions.
SSRN Author Page
- Financial Shocks and Asset Prices, with Fan Yang
- Labor Heterogeneity and Asset Prices: The Importance of Skilled Labor, with Frederico Belo,
- Does Wage Rigidity Make Firms Riskier? Evidence from Long-Horizon Return Predictability,
with Jack Favilukis, October 2012,
- Wage Rigidity: A Solution to Several Asset Pricing Puzzles, with Jack Favilukis, August 2012
- Technology Adoption, Vintage Capital and Asset Prices, September 2009
- Labor Hiring, Investment and Stock Return Predictability in the Cross Section, May 2009, with Santiago Bazdresch and Frederico Belo
- Long Run Productivity Risk and Aggregate Investment, with Jack Favilukis, 2013. Forthcoming, Journal of Monetary Economics
- Brand Capital, Firm Value and Asset Returns, with Frederico Belo and Maria Ana Vitorino,
2013. Conditionally Accepted, Review of Economic Dynamics
- The Investment Manifesto, with Lu Zhang, 2013. Journal of Monetary
Economics, 60 (3), 351-366.
- The Inventory Growth Spread, with Frederico Belo, 2012, Review of Financial Studies, 25 (1): 278-313.
- Endogenous Technological Progress and the Cross Section of Stock Returns, 2012, Journal of Financial Economics, 103 (2): 411-427. [Winner of the Trefftzs Award for the Best Student Paper, WFA 2008]
- Fiscal Policy and the Distribution of Consumption Risk, by Croce, Nguyen, and Schmid, Mitsui Finance Symposium, Michigan, 2012
- Corporate Investment Over Uncertain Business Cycles, by Dangl and Wu, FIRS 2012
- Risk Analysis of Investment-Based Models, Guest Lecture, University of Minnesota, 2010
- Innovation and Investment Bubbles, by Langberg and Kumar, Western Finance Association Annual Meetings, 2009
- Durability of Output and Expected Stock Returns, by Gomes, Kogan and Yogo, FMG conference on Housing, Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy, 2009