Professor Oglevee is the Academic Director of the Fisher Executive MBA Program. He teaches in the Executive MBA and both Graduate and Undergraduate programs. His courses include venture capital, private equity, financial modeling, corporate finance, entrepreneurial finance, futures and options, investments and personal finance. He also teaches specialized classes within Fisher College’s Executive Education program including International courses in India.
Professor Oglevee has managed various Domestic student programs in Silicon Valley and New York as well as International based programs in London, Brussels, India, China, Hong Kong SAR and Africa. He is a faculty advisor for various case competition teams and teaches a variety of networking/interviewing seminars to help students prepare for Consulting and Wall Street case interviews.
Professor Oglevee is the recipient of numerous teaching awards. Working Professional MBA classes at Fisher have chosen him for their Outstanding Faculty Award for best Elective Professor in both 2014 and 2013. He has also received the Undergraduate Program Teaching Award for Faculty Excellence multiple times as well as The Ohio State University Annual Career Services Award. In 2014, he was awarded the Pace Setter’s Teaching Award, the highest honor for teaching at Fisher, for sustained excellence in teaching.
Prior to teaching, Professor Oglevee was an entrepreneur within the wireless sector and spent three years in venture capital and nine years on Wall Street holding positions at Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch and Oppenheimer. He consults regularly with early stage management teams on financing, valuation and business plan development to assist companies in becoming "Venture Ready."
Professor Oglevee received both an MBA in Finance and a BS in Production Operations Management from The Ohio State University.
Areas of Expertise
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Financial Modeling
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Investments and Personal Finance
- MBA, The Ohio State University
- BS, The Ohio State University
Honors and Awards
- 2014 Pace Setters - Daniel Westerbeck Graduate Teaching Excellence Award
- 2014 Best Elective Instructor in the MBA for Working Professionals Program
- 2013 Best Elective Instructor in the MBA for Working Professionals Program
- 2011 Fisher College of Business Undergraduate Program Teaching Award
- 2010 The Ohio State University Annual Career Services Award
- 2005 Fisher College of Business Undergraduate Program Teaching Award