Berk A. Sensoy
Prior to joining Fisher, Sensoy was a visiting assistant professor of finance at the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University and an assistant professor at the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California. His research interests include entrepreneurial finance, venture capital and private equity, and empirical corporate finance.
Areas of Expertise
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Empirical Corporate Finance
- PhD, Finance, University of Chicago Graduate School of Business
- MBA, University of Chicago Graduate School of Business
- BS, Physics, Duke University
FIN 844 - Entrepreneurial Finance
This course focuses the finance topics and issues for the entrepreneur.
- "The Effects of Stock Lending on Security Prices: An Experiment", with Steve Kaplan and Toby Moskowitz, March 2012. Journal of Finance, forthcoming.
- Winner, Q Group Roger F. Murray Prize for Excellence in Quantitative Research in Finance, First Prize, 2011.
- "Pay for Performance from Future Fund Flows: The Case of Private Equity," with Ji-Woong Chung, Lea Stern, and Mike Weisbach, October 2011. Review of Financial Studies, forthcoming.
- Winner, Wharton School WRDS Award for Best Empirical Finance Paper, Western Finance Association Meeting, 2011.
- Winner, Korea Investment & Securities Co., Ltd. Outstanding Paper Award, Sixth International Conference on Asia-Pacifice Financial Markets, 2011.
- "Investor Abilities and Financial Contracting: Evidence from Venture Capital," with Ola Bengtsson. Journal of Financial Intermediation, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 477-502 (October, 2011).
- "Club Deals in Leveraged Buyouts," with Micah Officer and Oguzhan Ozbas. Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 98, no. 2, pp. 214-240 (November, 2010).
- "Costly External Finance, Corporate Investment, and the Subprime Mortgage Credit Crisis," with Ran Duchin and Oguzhan Ozbas. Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 97, no. 3, pp. 418-435 (September, 2010).
- "Performance Evaluation and Self-Designated Benchmark Indexes in the Mutual Fund Industry," Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 25-39 (April, 2009).
- "Should Investors Bet on the Jockey or the Horse? Evidence from the Evolution of Firms from Early Business Plans to Public Companies," with Steve Kaplan and Per Strömberg. Journal of Finance, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 75-115 (February, 2009).
- Finalist for the Brattle Prize for best corporate finance paper published in the Journal of Finance in 2009.
- "Do Private Equity Fund Managers Earn their Fees? Compensation, Ownership, and Cash Flow Performance," with David Robinson, March 2012.
- "Changing the Nexus: The Evolution and Renegotiation of Venture Capital Contracts," with Ola Bengtsson, November 2011.
- "Cyclicality, Performance Measurement, and Cash Flow Liquidity in Private Equity," with David Robinson, September 2011.