Tax Clinic - Taxpayer Information
Call 2-1-1 in Columbus or 614.221.2255 to make an appointment for FREE Federal and Ohio tax preparation.
The Fisher/OSU Tax Clinic provides free tax preparation services to low-income taxpayers living and working in the Columbus metro area. In 2014, the Clinic completed 203 tax returns and brought approximately $387,000 into the Columbus economy. The Clinic is now in its eleventh year of operation.
Once you have made an appointment, click here to find a list of items you will need to bring to the VITA/TCE site to have your tax return prepared.
- Generate earned income of greater than zero and less than about $58,000 for the year (married joint; amount for other filing status differs). Earned income: wage, salary, fee, disability benefits, profits from self-employment. Not earned income: unemployment benefits, alimony/child support, social security benefits, retirement benefits, interest/dividends
- Have not received income from the sale of a home
- No more than $3,200 of investment income
What We Do
- Free preparation and E-Filing for IRS Forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ
- Free preparation and E-Filing for Ohio State Income Returns
What We Don’t Do
- Business returns of any kind: C-Corp, S-Corp, LLC, Partnership
- Forms 1040 requiring a Schedule C
- City and School District returns
- Returns for states other than Ohio
- Returns for international students
- Foreign returns
- Complex returns
- Tax planning
- Estate Planning of any kind
- Audit Help
- Prior year returns
- Amended returns