Graduation with Honors in Accounting
What are the requirements to graduate with an Accounting Honors diploma?
All BSBA graduates receiving "honors in accounting" must successfully complete the following requirements:
- An overall minimum cumulative grade point-hour ratio of 3.5 or higher.
- Completion of 60 semester hours of graded coursework in residence at the Columbus campus.
- Completion of at least 8 honors (or equivalent*) courses in Accounting and MIS, including AMIS 2200H, 2300H, 3200H, 3201H, 3300H and at least three from the following courses: 3400H, 3600H, 4780H, 5200H, 5500H.
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.5 is required for the eight honors courses completed in Accounting and MIS.
- Completion of at least one honors course (or equivalent*) in an area other than Accounting and MIS with a grade point of 3.5 or higher (A or A-).
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.5 is required for all courses taken in the Department of Accounting and MIS.
* Substitution of equivalent courses for honors courses are rare occurrences. Only courses that are clearly in excess of the regular undergraduate requirements are considered. The Honors Director will determine equivalent courses for programs under their jurisdiction on an individual basis.