Journal Publications (published and accepted for publication)
- Analysts’ industry expertise, 2012, Journal of Accounting and Economics, 54(2-3) 95-120. (Lead Article - co-authored with Ohad Kadan, Leonardo Madureira and Rong Wang)
- The impact of a heterogeneous accrual-generating process on empirical accrual models, 2012, Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, 27(3), 386-411. (co-authored with Nicholas Dopuch, Raj Mashruwala and Chandra Seethamraju)
- Information externalities along the supply chain: The economic determinants of suppliers’ stock price reaction to their major customers’ earnings announcements, 2011, Contemporary Accounting Research 28(4): 1304-1343. (co-authored with Shail Pandit and Charles Wasley)
- Warranty reserve: Contingent liability, informational signal, or earnings management tool?, 2011, The Accounting Review 86(2): 569-604. (co-authored with Daniel Cohen, Masako Darrough and Rong Huang)
- The effect of R&D inputs and outputs on the relation between the uncertainty of future operating performance and R&D expenditures, 2011, Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, 26: 121-144. (co-authored with Shail Pandit and Charles Wasley)
- The use of advertising activities to meet earnings benchmarks: Evidence from monthly data, 2010, Review of Accounting Studies 15, 808-832. (co-authored with Daniel Cohen and Raj Mashruwala)
- Conflicts of interest and stock recommendations – The effects of the Global Settlement and recent regulations, 2009, Review of Financial Studies 22: 4189-4217. (co-authored with Ohad Kadan, Leonardo Madureira and Rong Wang)
- GAAP goodwill and debt contracting efficiency: Evidence from net-worth covenants, 2008, Review of Accounting Studies 13(1): 87-118. (co-authored with Richard Frankel and Chandra Seethamraju)
- Implications of survival and data trimming on tests of market efficiency, 2005, Journal of Accounting & Economics 39(1): 129-161. (co-authored with S.P. Kothari and Jowell Sabino)
- Political events and the stock market: Evidence from Israel, 2003, International Journal of Business, 8(3): 243-266.
- Stock Picking, Industry Picking and Market Timing in Sell-Side Research, December 2012, co-authored with Ohad Kadan, Leonardo Madureira and Rong Wang.
- Non-recurring items in debt contracts, August 2011, co-authored with Anne Beatty and Lin Cheng.
- Measuring real activity management, co-authored with Daniel Cohen, Shail Pandit and Charles Wasley, January 2011.
- Evaluating the accrual fixation hypothesis as an explanation for the accrual anomaly, September 2007.
- Expensing stock options: The role of publicity, co-authored with Chandra Seethamraju, September 2003.
- Inside the accrual anomaly, June 2003.