Annual Diversity Business Awards
In order to recognize those in the corporate community who have done so much to further diversity goals, particularly those of the college, the Fisher College Educational and Professional Diversity Committee recognizes their efforts through the Fisher College of Business Diversity Business Awards.
2013 Annual Diversity Business Awards
The 12th Annual Diversity Awards Announcement Luncheon Reception Program and Alumni Reunion will be held on Wednesday, April 17, 2013, noon - 1:30 p.m.
Location: Mason Hall, 2nd Floor Rotunda. 250 W Woodruff Ave, Columbus, OH
Register now to attend.
Corporations and individuals may be nominated by anyone who has knowledge of contributions which support the college’s diversity efforts. Self-nominations are acceptable provided they demonstrate connections with Fisher.
Nominations are also welcome for those who were nominated in the past. One award will be presented in the corporate category and another in the individual category. Current Fisher students, faculty, and staff are not eligible for the individual award.
Awards are bestowed based on one or more of the following
- Corporations and/or individuals who have been effective in outreach to diverse students by contributing to academic success through scholarships, sponsorships, classroom involvement and other activities.
- Corporations and/or individuals who have helped to develop the professional advancement of diverse students through internships, mentorships, recruitment, and other career readiness activities.
- Corporations and/or individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to community diversity outreach and efforts
- Corporations and/or individuals whose hiring and retention practices have helped to create a more diverse workforce
- Corporations and/or individuals who have initiated innovative programs which support the development of a more inclusive corporate culture
For more information about the annual diversity awards, please contact Annual Diversity Awards, 200 Fisher Hall, 2100 Neil Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210 or email@example.com.
2012 Annual Diversity Business Awards Program - Above and Beyond
The 2012 Annual Diversity Awards Program was held on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at the Blackwell Inn. Corporations and Individuals were nominated for their contributions towards the College's diversity efforts. This year, there were 9 individual nominees and 4 corporate nominees.
The College’s Diversity Committee selects the overall annual award winners. Each year, the program also recognizes 12 diverse student organization presidents for their leadership throughout the year. In addition, each of the 12 select diverse student organizations are also invited to recommend one or two students from each organization to receive recognition for their service and/or perseverance.
The Dow Chemical Company was the lead sponsor of the event and Fisher welcomed the Dow Chemical Company’s Eunice Heath, Global General Manager, Dow Chemical Company, Philadelphia, PA as the Keynote Speaker.
Winners for the 2012 Fisher College of Business Annual Diversity Awards:
- Corporate Award – The Dow Chemical Company
- Individual Award – Lisa Morris, Sarbanes Oxley Finance Manager, Global Internal Audit Division of Procter & Gamble