Annual Diversity Business Awards
In order to recognize those in the corporate community who have done so much to further diversity goals, particularly those of the college, the Fisher College Educational and Professional Diversity Committee recognizes their efforts through the Fisher College of Business Diversity Business Awards.
2013 Annual Diversity Business Awards Program - Above and Beyond
The 2013 Annual Diversity Awards Program was held on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 in the Mason Hall Rotunda. Corporations and Individuals were nominated for their contributions towards the College's diversity efforts. This year, there were 7 individual nominees and 5 corporate nominees.
The College’s Diversity Committee selects the overall annual award winners. Each year, the program also recognizes 14 diverse student organization presidents for their leadership throughout the year. In addition, one student from the 14 organizations received an award in recognition of their perseverance throughout the year. This year's recipient was Christian Bonner.
The Dow Chemical Company was the lead sponsor of the event and Fisher welcomed Jorge M. Carrero, Dow Chemical Company, Midland, MI to give remarks.
Winners for the 2013 Fisher College of Business Annual Diversity Awards:
- Corporate Award – Huntington Bank
- Individual Award – Aida Sabo, Diversity and Inclusion Vice President, Cardinal Health
Awards are bestowed based on one or more of the following
- Corporations and/or individuals who have been effective in outreach to diverse students by contributing to academic success through scholarships, sponsorships, classroom involvement and other activities.
- Corporations and/or individuals who have helped to develop the professional advancement of diverse students through internships, mentorships, recruitment, and other career readiness activities.
- Corporations and/or individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to community diversity outreach and efforts
- Corporations and/or individuals whose hiring and retention practices have helped to create a more diverse workforce
- Corporations and/or individuals who have initiated innovative programs which support the development of a more inclusive corporate culture
For more information about the annual diversity awards, please contact Annual Diversity Awards, 200 Fisher Hall, 2100 Neil Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.